Sunday, December 4, 2016

Fashion Desgienrs

At the beginning of the week I read an article about the growing list of designers who have refused to dress Melania Trump. Tom Ford said he would not dress Melania Trump because she is not necessarily his image. But he is not doing it because of her husband but because his clothing are expensive. I at first did not get that but when I continued reading it was more clear, his items don't relate to everybody, and as the first lady should she related to everybody. As I had mentioned last week Sophie Theallet also said she would not associate herself with the first lady because she did not suppose what her husband stood for. As for Marc Jacobs who did not read Theallet letter he just said he would rather put his energy helping out those who will be hurt by Trump and his supporters. Phillip Lim and Derek Lam do not know Melania Trump but they do not see themselves getting involved with the Trump Presidency. Out of all these designers Tom Ford was the one who was the most shocking to me because like he said she has to have the image that represents everybody, like he also said he would have not dressed Hillary Clinton either, he only dressed Michelle Obama once for when she was going to meet the queen I believe which he said it was an important occasion. I never did see that the fashion industry would have such and impact as well with this presidency, but like I have learned in another class these brands like to represent what they stand for and a lot of the designers do no stand with Mr. Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment