Sunday, December 4, 2016

I've been really bad about this blogging thing. I set alarms and still manage to forget.
That said.

Adam Ruins Everything.
Everyone should watch it. It takes events and issues in the world and fact checks them in little skits. Im obsessed. I get like 80% of my knowledge from this show, and the best part is I KNOW it's credible.

This week he discussed private prisons. I had no idea something like this even existed. It's in human and modern day slavery. Keeping people in solitary confinement because there isn't enough room for them in the cells is CRUEL and disgusting, and it's HAPPENING. People are being held in there for WEEKS by themselves for NON-voilent crimes. 90% of those who have been put in solitary confinement have committed suicide within 6 months of being released. People are being written up in situations they don't deserve a write up because the prison needs to keep 95% capacity to be funded. It's disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment