Sunday, December 4, 2016

I Don't Know What To Title This

The semester is getting dangerously close to the end and I can't say that I'm feeling any joy or even any sadness about it. I've been having a bit of a hard time feeling anything for a bit. I know that I have a lot to be thankful for and that good things are happening despite the hailstorm of bad things in this country but I just can't seem to get myself excited about any of it.

There was a teenager from San Marcos, Hunter Thornton, who committed suicide by walking onto I-35 where he was then struck by a semi. I can't stop thinking about him. About his family, his thoughts, and what his life was like leading up to his death. I can understand how someone can reach that point and it's really hard for me to shake the mental image of the scene during the aftermath.

I know that there are a lot of good things happening but for me, it's getting drowned out by the bad things that are happening. I don't want to see another person, like Hunter, take their life but I know  how hard it is to get up every morning when it feels like the world is suffocating you.

No comments:

Post a Comment